Eyes are the interpreters of the soul. Multiple emotions are reflected through it. Beautiful eyes attract all. Everyone wants to look their best every day, even if you don’t like makeup. But one thing that can truly affect the way your face looks are how healthy your eyes look. If you think your eyes are puffy, you need to do something about them.
Various factors lead to puffy eyes. Improper sleep, inadequate water intake, seasonal allergies, excess salt intake, emotional outbursts through tears, not removing make up properly before sleep, and poor diet are some of the reasons.
If you are having those unwanted puffy eyes, then you do not need to worry about it! As Madhumeeta Dhar, Chief Research Officer, Plantas has listed down certain changes that one needs to do in his/her daily routine that can be beneficial in controlling the problem of puffy eyes.
1. Always take proper diet with potassium rich food like curd, leafy green vegetables and bananas.
2. Cold compress over the eyes with tea bags, ice filled cloth, or cucumber or potato slices.
3. Stick to a good under eye cream which helps to reduce inflammation and nourishes the skin around the eyes to increase the skin elasticity.
4. Make sure to get a good sleep of six to eight hours to help repair the skin.
5. Always intake adequate water to keep skin hydrated and plump.
6. Restrict alcohol intake as it dehydrates the skin and makes the skin dull.
7. Sleep position with a flat back with one pillow reduces fluid retention around the eyes.
If we all take care of the above factors and make changes in our lifestyle, we would look our best and face the world more confidently.