Rajgira, also known as Amarnath is quite popular in North India, especially during Navratri. Rajgira is a perfect fasting grain and is mostly used to make laddoos.
This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for you if you don’t wish to prepare an exotic dessert. To prepare Rajgira Laddoos you just need three ingredients- Rajgira, Jaggery and Peanuts. Yes! it is this easy to make these laddoos. Be it kids or adults, everyone will love these tasty laddoos for sure. Since these laddoos are sweetened using jaggery, it is perfect for all those people who are on a diet or those who are diabetic. You can use a healthy sweetener of your choice as well, like cane sugar, honey or stevia, as per your taste. So, spruce up your Navratri fasting menu and add these laddoos to your daily diet.
Ingredients For Rajgira Laddoo:-
- 2 cup amaranth
- 1/2 cup roasted crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup powdered jaggery
- Step 1 Melt the jaggery to form a syrupAdd the powdered jaggery to a pan and keep it on medium heat. Add 2-3 tbsp of water and mix it a bit. Let the jaggery melt completely and form a syrup.
- Step 2 Add rajgira and peanutsNow add rajgira grains and crushed peanuts to the pan. Mix well to coat them properly with the jaggery syrup. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Step 3 Make small laddoosLet the mixture cool down just a bit (Make sure you make the laddoos while the mixture is still warm. Don’t let the mixture cool down completely). Now dampen your hands with some water and scoop out a small ball from the mixture. Roll it between your hands and make a laddoo. Make more such laddoos and arrange them on a plate. Let the laddoos dry out completely.
- Step 4 Ready to be servedYour Rajgira Laddoos are now ready to be served.