A Bengali sweet dish that is quite popular all over India and is relished by people of all ages, Rasgulla is indeed a mouth-watering dessert. An add on of rabdi not only increases its richness but also enhances its taste. Rasgullas, made from chenna are dipped in thick rabdi made by cooking milk for a long time. You can also add cardamom powder and saffron for added taste, but it is completely optional. This sweet dish serves the purpose well as an after-lunch dessert and can also be a part of celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries. So, the next time you crave for something sweet, make sure you try this delicious recipe.
Ingredients For Rabdi Rasgulla:
- 2 litre milk
- 8 chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- sugar as required
- Step 1Start by boiling 1 litre of milk. Once boiled, add lemon juice. Stir a bit as the milk starts curdling. Once the chenna is formed, strain it. Pour cold water over the strained chenna to cool it down.
- Step 2Transfer the chenna to a plate and mash with your hands till it becomes smooth.
- Step 3From the chenna mixture, make small balls and set the rasgullas aside.
- Step 4Now for the rabdi, heat another litre of milk on a low flame in a kadhai till it boils.
- Step 5Simmer and cook till the milk reduces to half. Make sure you keep stirring the milk from time to time. You can also add condensed milk (completely optional).
- Step 6Now add sugar and mix well. Once the milk thickens enough to form rabdi, turn off the flame. Transfer the rabdi to a bowl.
- Step 7Dip the rasgullas in rabdi and keep aside till the rasgullas become soft .
- Step 8Garnish your rabdi rasgulla with chopped almonds and serve.