Prep time: 16-20 minutes
Cook time: 6-10 minutes
Cottage cheese (paneer) cut into 1/2 inch cubes 50 grams
Dried breadcrumbs 1 cup
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1 pinch
Refined flour 1/2 cup
Red chilli flakes 1 pinch
Dried oregano in a large pi
Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
Oil to deep fry
Chaat masla to sprinkle
1. Take breadcrumbs on a plate add salt and red chilli powder and mix well.
2. Take refined flour in a bowl add red chilli flakes, salt, oregano and ginger-garlic paste and sufficient water and mix well to make a slightly thick batter.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
4. Dip each cube of cottage cheese in this batter and roll in the breadcrumbs mixture. Dip the cubes back in the same batter and roll again in the breadcrumbs mixture to double-coat the cheese cubes.
5. Slide the cottage cheese cubes into hot oil and deep-fry till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle chaat masala and mix well.
6. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.
(Recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor)