This delicious Coffee Mouse will literally melt in your mouth and is best served when chill. For all the coffee lovers out there, this unique coffee dessert is a must-try. The creamy texture of this pudding will definitely make you want more. This dessert is the perfect ending to a lunch or a dinner party. Be it, kids or adults, everyone will love this for sure. So, the next time you crave coffee, prepare something different to satiate that craving.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 egg
- 2 tablespoon coffee powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- Step 1 Soak gelatinMix the gelatin with 1/4 cup cold water and keep it aside to soak for 10 minutes. Separate egg yolks from egg whites and keep both in different bowls.
- Step 2 Heat the creamIn a pan, heat heavy cream, coffee powder and cocoa powder on low heat until the powders dissolve. Do not bring to a boil. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar together. While doing so, pour hot heavy cream in the bowl while whisking.
- Step 3 Again heat the creamAfter the hot cream is whisked well with egg yolks and sugar, transfer it to a pan on low heat and keep whisking till it becomes thick. Remove from heat and pour in a large bowl.
- Step 4 Add remaining ingredientsAdd soaked gelatin to the bowl and mix with cream. Keep the cream mixture aside to cool. Meanwhile, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form. After the cream cools down, combine the egg whites with it. Do not overwork or over mix. Use the cut and fold method to mix.
- Step 5 Set the dessert and servePour the mousse mixture into small bowls or cups and leave them to set for 2 hours in the refrigerator. After it sets, it is ready to be served.