If you are craving a choco lava cake, then you can easily make it at home with this recipe. There is no need to bake it or have fancy equipment to do so. To prepare Choco Lava Idlis you just need an idli maker/idli moulds or an appe pan. With just a handful of basic ingredients, you can make this delectable dish in a jiffy. Serve it to kids or adults and everyone will love it for sure. We have used milk chocolate for the lava here, however, you can use dark chocolate or any other chocolate flavour of your choice. You can serve it during kitty parties, birthdays or even as an after-meal dessert.
Ingredients for Choco Lava Idli Recipe:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup refined flour
- 1 Pinch baking soda
- milk chocolate as required
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- Step 1 Mix the ingredientsAdd milk, sugar, oil, vanilla extract and vinegar to a bowl. Use a whisk to mix them properly.
- Step 2 Prepare the batterTo this sugar solution, add maida, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and mix them together properly. Make sure there are no lumps and you have a nice and smooth batter.
- Step 3 Pour into mouldsGrease idli moulds with a few drops of oil. Now pour the chocolate batter into the moulds and fill them halfway. Place a small piece of chocolate bar in the middle of each mould and pour some more batter on the top to cover them properly.
- Step 4 Make idlisNow fill a cooker or an idli maker with some water and steam the idlis until cooked. It will take about 10 minutes. You can also make choco lava idlis in an appe maker.
- Step 5 Ready to be servedOnce cooked, take out the idlis and serve.