Under eye bags, dark circles and fine lines are prominent skin concerns that have been around us for as long as you can recollect. Endless products are launched year after year that claim to revolutionize the way your under eyes look and eliminate all the unwanted boo-boos. But take a pause and ask yourself, have these products really stood up to their claims? Chances are no. This is mostly because of their substandard ingredient mix that is not crafted with effective and well-researched ingredients or is maybe not just potent enough.
Let’s check out the best ingredients to look for in an eye cream :
- Hyaluronic Acid: Isn’t the logic behind this listing too obvious? Hyaluronic acid serums and creams are the hottest things now and for all the right reasons. The ingredient helps your under eyes exactly like the rest of your face – by making it plump, adding moisture and eliminating stubborn dryness in the area.
- Retinol: Retinol is an A1 anti-ageing ingredient and we all know this by now. While a potent retinol serum may be too strong for your under eyes (and could cause irritation), a retinol-infused product specially crafted for the eye area would be ideal. Retinol firms the skin, erasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while reducing dark circles. Win-win!
- Caffeine: When you think of eye creams, you think of caffeine. And why not? It’s a hero ingredient to combat all your under eye concerns. Starting from puffiness and minimizing pigmentation to tightening the skin and cutting down on the dark circles, this antioxidant-rich ingredient can do it all.
- Vitamin C: You know how badly your under eye skin is on a hunt for some brightening and radiance which is why vitamin C is its best friend. Known for its genius brightening properties, vitamin C also fades hyperpigmentation and aids with collagen production for healthy and youthful under eyes.
- Neuropeptides: If you’re someone who has super-sensitive skin that does not react well with actives like retinol, you may want to give neuropeptides a chance. They are milder and do the job equally well. It adds nourishment to the area leaving little room for dullness and fine lines.
- Squalane: Give your skin a boost of hydration and moisture with this ingredient that helps to firm and smoothen the skin to alleviate crows feet. It’s great to reverse skin damage and fight free radicals for even-looking under eyes.