Tadka Idli is a flavourful twist given to the basic idlis which makes them even more delicious. You just a handful of ingredients like butter, mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilli and some spices and your Tadka Idli will be ready in just five minutes. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, this unique Idli recipe is perfect for every meal. Let’s check out the recipe:
- 4 idli
- 1 red chilli
- 10 leaves curry leaves
- 1/4 tablespoon turmeric
- salt as required
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Step 1 Prepare the tadka: Heat butter in a pan. Add mustard seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves. Let them splutter for a minute. Now add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well to prepare a tadka masala.
- Step 2 Add the idlis: Now add chopped idlis in the pan along with salt and mix well to coat them properly in the masala. Add black pepper powder and cook for just 1-2 minutes.
- Step 3 Ready to be served: Your lip-smacking tadka idli is ready to be served.