2 cups Flour
¼ tsp Ajwain
2-3 Green chilies
2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
½ tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Kasuri methi
1 tsp Coriander seeds
Salt to taste
½ tsp Red Chili Powder
¼ tsp Garam Masala
Oil as required
1. Finely chop the onions, add 1 tsp salt and set aside to sweat for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile make the dough. Add ½ tsp salt to the flour and sufficient water to make a smooth and soft dough.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil to the dough and knead till all the oil is incorporated. Set the dough aside for 15 minutes to rest.
4. Meanwhile lightly roast the coriander seeds and cumin seeds till fragrant but not coloured. Coarsely crush the seeds. Finely chop the coriander leaves and the green chilies.
5. Squeeze out all the water from the onions. Add the chopped chilies, coriander, crushed seeds, red chili powder, salt to taste, garam masala powder, ajwain and kasuri methi. Mix well.
6. Knead the dough again for 2 minutes. Break into tennis sized balls. Flatten the balls and pace ¼ cup of the stuffing.
7. Pick up all sides, bring together and pinch to seal. Roll into a ball and press the sides down. Now dust the surface, roll the ball in flour and roll out into a disc.
8. Place the disc on medium hot tawa. Flip when the underside gets golden spots. Again flip when the underside gets golden spots.
9. Apply oil or ghee on both sides and cook on both sides. Press to cook till crisp. Serve hot.
(Recipe by Chef Pankaj Bhadouria )