Moong Dal Laddoo is a classic Laddoo version that is loved by people of all ages. This lip-smacking laddoo is indeed a treat for the taste buds. You just need three ingredients to make these indulgent laddoos- Moong Dal, Ghee and Sugar. You can add nuts of your choice like almonds, cashews, pistachios to make the laddoos tastier. With the Navratri season just around the corner, Moong Dal Laddoo is the perfect recipe to try. Add something new to the old menu of sweets and try this yummy laddoo recipe this festive season.
Ingredients For Moong Dal Laddoo
- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee
- pistachios as required
- Step 1 Roast the dalAdd the dal to a pan. Keep it on medium flame and roast it for 10-12 minutes until it changes colour to golden brown.
- Step 2 Blend to form powderLet the roasted dal cool down completely and add it to a blender. Blend to form a coarse powder.
- Step 3 Prepare a doughNow add the dal powder to a pan along with ghee. Mix continuously and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes. Once the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, take it out on a plate and let it cool down.
- Step 4 Mix sugarNow add the prepared dough to a bowl. Add sugar and mix well to form the final dough.
- Step 5 Make laddoos and servePinch out small balls from the dough and make small laddoos. Press one pistachio on each laddoo and serve.