750 grams chicken, cut into 2 inches on the bone
4 tbsps full-fat yogurt
2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 small onion
1 large tomato
3 tbsps butter
6-8 black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
2 green cardamoms
1 tbsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
½ tsp garam masala powder
Coriander sprig for garnish
1. Take chicken in a bowl, add yogurt, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Finely chop onion and finely chop tomato, set aside.
3. Heat butter in a non-stick deep pan, add black peppercorns, bay leaf, green cardamoms, cloves and sauté till fragrant. Add the chopped onion and saute it till golden brown.
4. Add tomato and salt, mix well, cover and cook till the tomato turns soft and pulpy.
5. Add coriander powder, cumin powder, and mix well. Add marinated chicken and sauté on high heat 4-5 minutes.
6. Add chopped coriander and 2½ cups water and mix well. Cover and cook till the chicken is ¾ cooked.
7. Add garam masala powder and mix well. Cover and cook till the chicken is cooked completely.
8. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot.
(Recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor)