Fuljar Soda is a popular street style drink that is made with club soda. A shot glass filled with mint masala puree is dropped in a glass containing soda which causes a reaction and makes the soda fizz up. This fizzy drink is perfect to cool you down on a hot summer day, as its ingredients are refreshing and yummy at the same time.
Lets check out the recipe for making Fuljar Soda:-
Ingredients required- ¾ glass club soda, ½ green chilli, ½ inch ginger, 8 mint leaves, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp sugar, ¼ tsp chaat masala and rock salt as per taste.
- Add green chilli, ginger, mint leaves, lime juice, sugar, salt, chaat masala and 2 tbsp water in a mortar. Use a pestle to grind the ingredients together to form a smooth puree.
- Add this puree into a shot glass.
- Now take a large glass and fill it halfway with soda. You can also add some sliced lemons or mint leaves to the soda.
- Now drop the shot glass in the soda and drink it immediately.
- The soda will fizz up and erupt out of the glass, so you need to be quick while drinking it.
- Usually, Fuljar Soda fizzes up suddenly and oozes out of the glass. Make sure you mix it in an open space and not on beds or sofas, so as to avoid spoiling them.
- Fuljar Soda contains about 50-60 calories, so you can enjoy it without having a guilt trip of consuming excess calories.
- We have used plain soda in the recipe, however, you can use flavoured soda to give the recipe a unique taste.
- Make sure you don’t skip lemon juice, green chillies and ginger, as they form the core essence of the beverage.
- If you are making the soda for a large number of people, then just add the ingredients to a blender and blend to form a puree. Then divide this puree into shot glasses and use them to make Fuljar Soda.