1 liter Milk
50 gms rice
30 gms sugar
150 ml condensed milk
1 tbsp ground cardamom
2 tsp ghee
20 gms pistachios, thinly sliced
50 gms almonds, thinly sliced
- In a heavy bottom pan, keep the milk for boiling.
- Soak the rice in water for 10- 15 mins and then grind it and make a smooth paste.
- Let the milk reduce. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Once 1/4th part of the milk has reduced, add the rice paste and mix well.
- Cook for 10 mins, it will start getting thick.
- Now add sugar, condensed milk and ground cardamom. Mix well and keep stirring.
- Let it cook for more 15 mins. Keep stirring.
- The pak has to be thick enough, should not be of pouring consistency.
- Once reached to that desired consistency, remove from the flame and let it cool.
- Refrigerate it for an hour.
- Heat ghee in pan, add the sliced almonds and roast them till they turn light brown and keep aside.
- Sprinkle sliced pistachios and roasted almonds on the dudh pak while serving.
- Serve chilled for better taste.
(Recipe By Chef Ranveer Brar)