After a long gap, Air India has resumed flights to Saudi Arabia from India. Those wishing to travel to Saudi Arabia from India can now book their tickets through the Air India website. They can also visit booking offices or book tickets via call centres or travel agents. The big decision comes after the United Arab Emirates (UAE) relaxed travel restrictions for fully vaccinated passengers from India
Air India took to Twitter to make the following announcement:
“Air India opens bookings from India to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). Before booking tickets kindly read the travel guidelines carefully. Bookings opened through Air India Website, Booking Offices, Call Centre & Authorised Travel Agents. It will be the sole responsibility of the passengers to ensure his/her eligibility to enter the destination country. Air India will accept no liability in this regard”.
Saudi Arabia travel guidelines
1) Resident permit holders (Iqama holders and valid exit re-entry visa) who have taken their two doses of the vaccine inside the Kingdom before their departure from the Kingdom are permitted to travel.
2) Passengers must confirm through their Tawakalna mobile application (vaccine certificate and health passport) that they have completed two doses of vaccine from Saudi Arabia prior to check-in.
3) Passengers must carry an RT-PCR negative report not older than 72 hours.
4) The PCR report must be from an ICMR accredited laboratory and must feature a QR code.
5) Passengers will have to register the immunisation data on the Muqeem website.
6) They must also carry their fully vaccinated COVID-19 certificate to enter the nation.